This week Nate's been on vacation and we've been way busier than we anticipated. It seems to always happen that way.
We bought the boys bunk beds. Not sure what we were thinking on that one. Shepherd usually sleeps in til 8am and Owen sleeps until 8:30 or 9. We have it made---and yet we go and ruin it!. We put them in bed around 8pm and by 10 we had to separate the gigglebugs. It was just too exciting for them. We'll see what happens. We're not in a big hurry, but with baby approaching, it'd be nice if eventually they started sleeping together. When I moved Owen's crib I found 19 socks hiding behind his bed---19!!! The funny thing is that socks were on my list to buy for them. Not anymore.
We're headed to Sea World San Antonio tomorrow. We're planning on going there 2 1/2 days. We're all so excited. Shepherd hasn't stopped talking about dolphins and sharks..."dolphins poop". Why must boys always talk about what poops?
Please continue to pray for me as I battle fear and anxiety about our baby. I know that God hasn't called us to live in fear. At this point every time I think about me being pregnant or having a baby the fear starts to consume. I still don't feel like we'll be bringing a baby home in October. I want to try and be honest with you guys as we walk this journey. It's tough, really tough, but at the same time we know we're right where God wants us.
Shamu pictures in a few days....
I am praying for you sweet ones. Corban and Finley talk about poop and penis' all the time. It is DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finley has even started trying to get Piper to say penis.
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see new photos!
i'm laughing at melissa's comment right now :) my sister literally washes my nephew's and niece's mouths out when they start talking like that...hasn't had to happen in a long time :) haha
ReplyDeletei'll be praying for you. i have NO NO NO idea what it's like for you and i'm not stupid or selfish enough to try to relate to you; i'll tell you though, that i've battled fear with THIS pregnancy off and on, mainly b/c we've known quite a few who have had babies born with all kinds of problems. i know satan wants to steal our joy over this pregnancy and he's wanting to do the same with yours. i just have to keep believing God, that He's the Creator of this precious baby and no matter what happens - good or bad - His grace will be sufficient. (yes, easier said than done)
I love you and wish we could hang out. Someday soon we will...I can feel it.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you right now, Mar. I can't imagine what fear you must have. I'm going to be praying that God will give you an ALL CONSUMING peace while you are pregnant this time.
ReplyDeleteAbout the boys. This is about the time that I started the girls together too. My advice is stay at it. They'll get it. It may take MANY sleepless nights, but it's worth it to do it now instead of while you have a newborn at home. Reward them when they do good and try a little bit at a time. You will divide and conquer!=)
How easily I forget what you've been through!! I'm committing to praying for you.
ReplyDeleteY'all have FUN in San Antonio...can I hop in the car tomorrow????
No one would expect you to be anything less than scared...and no one wants you to be anything less than honest. We'd see right through it anyway..because those of us who have been pregnant KNOW the fear...even when we have healthy pregnancies with healthy babies. It is a good fear that keeps us clinging to the cross. After all...it is an amazing miraculous thing that ANY of us bring home healthy babies! Praying you do! Melissa (this is posting as my son's name because I just realized I was signed in under his name and I am too lazy to resign in and rewrite this comment!)
ReplyDeleteMarla, It's Katie Hill... I wanted to ask you first but can I add you to our favorite sites list on our blog?
ReplyDeleteHe has given you a spirit of peace, dear one, not a spirit of despair. Hope deferred makes the heart sick, so hope now. Believe! I will believe with you. He has performed one miracle out of your womb already, don't think he can't do it again. Don't let the enemy steal your joy.
ReplyDeleteI love you so much! Praying for you.
I meant that as an encouragement. I WANT you to be honest too, but I want to try and encourage you and rebuke the lies of the enemy in the process. Does that make sense? If I've upset you, please let me know. *hug*
ReplyDeleteHey Marla,
ReplyDeleteSaw the blog on Laura's blog.
The Sea World trip looks so fun. We have been wanting to take our monkeys at some point.
I will keep you in my prayers!
we will pray Marla! love the pics of sea world--
ReplyDelete