I've been a horrible blogger. I think about blogging. I talk about it. I want to do it. But it just doesn't get done.
I've been concentrating on training and correcting this week...mainly with 2 little boys, but also on myself. We could all use a little more of that around here lately. It's been a rough and busy last couple weeks. I don't function as well when I'm busy. I've also been super tired. I can't seem to shake it. Usually I feel great during my 2nd and 3rd trimesters. This time not so much. Granted I am older, chasing more kids, and another pregnancy is hard on the ol' body! I feel physically good, just tired/fatigued. Marley seems to be kicking a lot and I love that. It's definitely hard to compare from one pregnancy to another, but believe me I try. I have days where based on kicks alone I feel like she is just fine and normal. Then I'll have a day or more when she doesn't move as often and I struggle with fear. God's been so gracious and has really given us much peace.
We got back last night from my parents. We spent the weekend there. It was a lot of fun, but the kids slept horribly and that made for a rough time for mom and dad. I was exhaused as Friday night I crawled in bed at 1am and then Owen woke up full of energy at 4:30am. He stayed up until he went down for his nap at 1pm. He was actually quite pleasant, but I wasn't.
We splurged and bought a mini van!!! We've been thinking about it for some time and the time (price) was right. We loved our pathfinder but I think having automatic sliding doors will be huge with 3 kids 3 and under. Our pathfinder also had very little rear air for the kids. Here in Central Texas you really need some rear air, especially for rear facing babies. That's one of the things I'm most excited about for the kids. It's a Honda Odyssey and so far we love it.
Pictures to come.
the sliding doors are GREAT! Hayes calls them magic doors. Training 2 little boys is a full time challange - no wonder you are worn out!!! I have really been working on consistency with what I expect and teaching the boys how to have a good attitude - definitely a work in progress.
ReplyDeleteWe LOVE our sliding door on our new van! I think you'll love changing to a mini van. The one thing I don't like, though is that most of the time I can't hear Olivia in the back seat and that's frustrating for her.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see pictures.
I'm praying for you, Marley, and the rest of the fam.
Hey Marla! I just found your blog through Meredith's. That's so exciting that you are pregnant. And I love the name Marley. So cute. Where are you guys living now? We are in Nashville, TN and have one little boy. Aiden will be 2 next year. It's so good to find you. I will link your blog to ours if you don't mind. And don't worry, you are not the worst blogger! I've gone almost 2 months without blogging! I just get bad about not taking pictures even though we have so much going on! Hope you guys are having a good summer.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the mini van club! We got our blue Honda Odyssey two weeks after Thomas arrived, and as much as I hate to admit, it was a great decision. SO easy and roomy.
ReplyDelete