So as you know I do most of my blogging while the kids are sleeping...hense the name of the blog. Well, the reason my blog has been lacking lately is because my new 2 year old is going through a horrible sleeping stage (please be a stage)! He resists laying in bed for nap and bedtime. He can get out of his crib, bed, and pack and play and he can also open the child's locks that you put on doors. His bedroom doesn't have a lock that we can turn around, so we battle over and over again. I'm embarassed to say that he's won a few times too. Once we finally get him to sleep he's good until about 4am when he sleepily appears in our bed. Some nights I have no recolection of when he arrived. I then usually take him back to his room where he might sleep for another hour before coming back to our room. This is very annoying!! Any helpful hints would be appreciated.
wow...what a little stinker :) i have not much advice for you...other than the few times jack tried it, his daddy spanked him and that pretty much took care of it. he doesn't care in general as much when i spank him but it breaks his heart for josh to do it. so it didn't take long. i guess being strict and consistent is the best way, although i'm sure that doesn't help much at 4 a.m :(
ReplyDeleteWe used something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Helper-Door-Safety-Cover/dp/B000MF518O on our daughter's room to keep her in at night. Is that the same as what he can open? She wasn't much of a wanderer, but it gave me peace of mind.
ReplyDeleteGirl I'm just glad I'm not the only one! If you figure it out let me know! :-)
ReplyDeleteI did the same thing. They didn't have all the gizmos they have now. My parents ended up locking THEIR door, lol. And I would finally fall asleep outside of it. I have no feelings of abandonment that I can remember. =) Just know he will be such a hard worker, and he'll stick to his goals. My mom says she just repeatedly told herself if she could just channel my energy for good......Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteEmma Claire does the same thing. She's been doing it since she was old enough(about 10 months) to crawl out of the baby bed. Now she will come out of her room at all hours of the night and end up where ever she ends up. It's usually in the hallway or the living room. Scotty has tripped over her several times when he gets up to run in the mornings. I have no idea what to do about it, because we can't lock her into her room because we want her to be able to go to the bathroom which she also does about 10 times each night! Anyway, if you get some good advice blog about it for me!
ReplyDeleteGirl, I wish I knew what to tell you but your dear friend Holly continued to come into our room at night until she was 16!!!! When she was too old to get in the bed with us, she would come in with her down comforter and pillow in tow and sleep on the floor beside me....holding my hand becuase she was scared. I must say, I kind of miss those middle-of-the-night-hand-holding sessions.
ReplyDelete