Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Trumpets and Guitars

It's that time of year, when the mailbox is full of Toyland Catalogs luring the kids with the shiny toys and well known action figures. They boys love to flip though each page talking about all the toys. But no toy sways Shepherd's 8+ month request for a trumpet. Yes, a trumpet. He has asked since February for a trumpet. He says it over and over and then he adds that "Owen wants a guitar". I'm not sure if Shepherd wants a guitar too, or what. Owen's never asked for a guitar, but Shepherd is convinced that he needs one. They crack me up. Nate and I will be a hero this Christmas if there's a trumpet under our tree.

Speaking of tree...Nate sold ours for $10 at our last garage sale. There's a family out there that's saying how lucky that are this Christmas that some idiot sold their pre-lit 7 foot tree for $10. I have no hard feelings towards Nate, but it's going to be awfully hard to find a replacement for $10. But, my thrifty self will enjoy the challenge.

We got a $10 Kohl's card in the mail for a promotional thing. You didn't have to buy a certain amount, so today I went...got exactly $10 worth of stuff and walked out without spending a dime. I couldn't have gotten that close if I tried. It was awesome. I got Marley a pair of shoes that were 90% off of $24 (so $2.50). It was so cool. I love a good deal.

3 comments:

  1. I love a good deal! A sense of pride :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having a tree dilemma as well. Also, I think you could find a toy trumpet that you can also take the batteries out of once and a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we have a trumpet I'm sure you can have. It is beat up and old but as far as I know works (can they break?) and comes with a case. I'll convince Jared it is going to a good home!!! It's been in the case for at least 15 years!!!

    ReplyDelete