Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bullets

  • I love having a newborn.
  • I can't believe my newborn is almost 6 weeks old.
  • It's hard having a newborn. I'm feeling very overwhelmed with a lot of things: organizing the Children's Christmas social, Christmas parties, baby showers, cooking, cleaning, getting the house ready to sell, and moving. (Not to mention being a good mom, wife, and friend.)
  • I miss being a friend. I feel like I haven't been a good friend lately and I hate that. I miss hanging out.
  • I've started packing to help stage our house.
  • Nate is the best husband ever. He is so helpful, very forgiving and loves me even when I fail over and over.
  • I think our dryer is dying and I can't handle that right now.
  • Marley is smiling and it's the CUTEST thing ever.
  • I feel old. After a 20 minute Wal-mart trip I couldn't even remember where I parked.
  • I love treats: cokes, Dove ice cream bars, and Oreos.
  • I still can't exercise (not til my 6 week post partum visit)...so I'm not yet feeling any guilt from my eating and lack of exercise.
  • Unfortunately my 6 week visit is before Christmas.
  • I want to read more...but can't seem to ever do more than just wanting it.
  • My boys love to read. My reading list consists of Go Dog Go, and Smokey the train.
  • I love nursing. What a precious thing between a momma and her baby. Sometimes I need to be reminded to put down the iPhone and enjoy nursing.
  • My kids have always been easy nursers. I'm grateful.
  • I reread some of Babywise and laughed. Gary obviously didn't have 3 kids 3 and under.
  • I need to: fold laundry, straighten up, give Marley a bath, go to Sams, make dinner and love on my family.
  • Nate's grandmother told me to rest...she's right. Now if I could just find some time.

6 comments:

  1. don't feel bad about being a bad friend. if your friends are truly your friends, then they completely understand where your life is right now. and whomever said "sleep when baby sleeps" obviously only had 1 child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had Dorian I was in that zone for a while. I completely understand! Some day you'll look back and only have fond and unstressful memories of this time :) You need to get a pic on here of that smile of Marley's (I know it can be hard at first, but you DO have a good camera, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Marla- my favorite is the Wal-Mart/parking spot bullet... I've so been there... did I tell you that I drove away and left my stroller in a parking lot?

    One day at a time, right? :)

    ~ Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would write this in all caps but you'd feel I was yelling at you! :D But seriously...extend yourself some grace! Erase all those bullets about guilt...guilt for not being enough of everything to everyone. Guilt about eventually having to eat well and lose weight. Guilt about all you need to do and can't. Your baby is six weeks old and your house should be a mess, your friends neglected, your errands out of hand. There is a baby to love and absorb. It will go too fast. SLOW DOWN MOMMA! SAvor it and give yourself GRACE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, your babywise comment is RIGHT ON!!!!!! Love the ideas in the book but some of them just do not work out with lots of little ones! I am so glad that things are going well. I did not know you were moving... to another city or just a new house?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And by well, I mean, things are flowing on just like they should with a new little one! We put our house on the market two weeks before our third was born and she was about three months old before we had sold, bought, closed and moved... I still have no memories of that time! PP was right, just enjoy this place and know that you will find your new normal when you least expect it! One day you will look around and it will be there!

    ReplyDelete