Tons of excuses or no excuses I can't decide. Regardless, this is the extent of our Christmas decorating this year. It's sad and wonderful all at the same time. I put the stockings on the mantel and for 5 straight days picked them up over and over and over again. I will outsmart these kids slowly but surely. Now the stockings hang with the curtains...out of reach of little hands. Guess what, since they've been up there I haven't had to pick them up once.
Our "tree" is the tree in the yard. Shepherd is so excited about it, constantly asking to turn the lights on. Today the boys just stood and admired it and asked if it's Christmas yet. Shepherd wants to do the "tibity" (nativity) every day so we do FamilyLife's What God Wants for Christmas...every day. It's helped them learn more about the true meaning of Christmas. It's not about decorations!! I'm excited about doing more to celebrate Jesus' birth...instead of decorating, shopping, etc.
I love it! How funny about the stockings! You know, you just have to do what you can and not worry about the rest! I'm stressing each day that the tree might die!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAww you shouldn't even worry about it! You have a babe and to boys in the house! I can't believe how big Shepherd is getting. He looks like such a little man now. I was praying for you yesterday. Just wanted to let you know. *hug* Are ya'll moving back here?
ReplyDelete