Monday, December 28, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Sisters!!!


yippeee, snow!!!

The Hemingway family





The 6 Originals






My family...do Owen and Marley look like twins?




White Christmas...it was a little too cold for Shepherd and Owen, and yes, this was in Fort Worth area!!





























The kids and Nate's parents.






bikes from Santa




New clothes!!
The Dallas Cowboy Gnome.
My cutie.



We've had a memorable Christmas for sure! Marley's been battling RSV. Let me tell you croupy cough, labored breathing and major conjestion are not fun for an 8 week old...or her momma. We almost took her to the ER because we were so worried for her. Thankfully she's slowly getting better. God used RSV to slow me down and appreciate things that matter. Instead of rushing around getting ready for Christmas I held Marley. Instead of worrying about what I was going to get everyone I was blessed by friends who loaned us a breathing machine and brought us dinner. Others offered to run errands, wrap gifts and even clean!! I was reminded of how blessed I am. Thank you, Lord, for good friends.
We didn't travel to LR mainly beause it's a 7 hour trip turned into 10 hours with our 3 little ones. I'm glad we didn't travel since everyone was sick and then DFW had a lot of snow which made the roads more difficult to travel. Nate's parents came to our house for a couple days and we celebrated together. Then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we recovered from sickness and then headed to my parents for a White Christmas. It was beautiful! We had a great time.
This week Nate's on call every other night this week. So the kids and I are having fun!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. I so sorry Marley is sick. Before I read that I was going to comment that your kids are just beautiful! I'm sure you know that already.... How fun that it snowed! I didn't get a tree up either (in reference to one of your earlier blogs), and I only have one child. I think it just means we are such superiorly-minded people that we can understand what Christmas is all about even without a tree in our house. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics! Yes, Marley looks soo much like Owen! Of course, some may say Shepherd looks more like your fam that the others w/ his fiery hair :) Hope to see you soon, you are such a sweet and cheery person, refreshing!

    ReplyDelete