Monday, August 10, 2009

We're pregnant!!!

I seriously feel as though I'm hearing those words for the first time. Last night Nate and I went up to L&D to do a non stress test. For those of you who don't know...NSTs are described in detail HERE. (The primary goal of the test is to measure the heart rate of the fetus in response to its own movements. Healthy babies will respond with an increased heart rate during times of movement, and the heart rate will decrease at rest. The concept behind a non-stress test is that adequate oxygen is required for fetal activity and heart rate to be within normal ranges. When oxygen levels are low, the fetus may not respond normally. Low oxygen levels can often be caused by problems with the placenta or umbilical cord.)

Anyway, we started NSTs with Porter around 33 weeks and his were bad and abnormal. We started them at 29 weeks with Owen and his were good and normal. Marley had one last night and did GREAT!!!! I feel like that means she's going to be okay, although I'm still anticipating her arrival. Marley has been a kicker and a mover and that has given me much peace this pregnancy. I also know that God is in control and each moment with her is a blessing...already. We will continue to do NSTs and ultrasounds until her arrival on October 23rd.

Thank you for praying for us and thank you for praising God with us. Now we just have to wait til October 23rd!!

5 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for you guys!! that's SUCH good news!! keep us posted on how the rest of the stuff goes...although i'm thinking she'll be just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejoicing with you and excited to share in your joy! Look forward to connecting with you, Marla!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that things are continuing to go well for Marley! I can't wait to meet her :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! I still remember when you told me that you felt like you just found out you were pregnant when you were pregnant with Owen (after your NST), I am pretty sure we were chatting online while I was supposed to be working. :) Such a praise!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy about your good report!!! My kiddos took off my 'enter' and 'shift' keys. Nice! I laughed out loud when I saw your picture because my laptop looks very similar now!

    ReplyDelete