We've been talking to Shepherd and Owen about Marley's birthday and what that might look like. As soon as we mention "birthday" Shepherd starts in "and cake and presents and bouncy house!!" His excitement is evident but I'm afraid he might be disappointed with "just" a baby sister. We are planning to get some cupcakes and have a few presents ready at the hospital as to not disappoint too much. 3 weeks from tomorrow!! My body is definitely getting ready. I'm achy, not sleeping well, and having the lovely heartburn. I take a nap almost everyday and am ready for bed come 10pm. I'll take it all...but might complain just a little every now and then. :)
This is the month! In fact, 3 weeks from tomorrow Marley will make her appearance. C-sections are weird. You can plan and almost know that that's the day she will come. October 23, 2009 will change our lives forever. We can't wait. A friend asked me the other day if I was nervous. The answer is yes. Up to this point everything has been "normal", "perfectly healthy", "textbook"...but until my little girl is safe in my arms I will be nervous. I have peace, but am still ready for her to be here. God has been gracious to make this little one a wild monkey. She loves to kick and wiggle almost like clock work. I go to sleep at night being kicked and wake up in the morning being kicked---and I LOVE every minute of it. I'm so thankful for this little life. Sometimes I shy away from announcing my thankfulness because I don't want to rub it in anyone's face. I'm more than aware of others who want so bad to get pregnant or to have their little one here instead of in heaven. Everytime I think of Marley I think of my friends' friend who had the same due date as me, yet October 31 will come and go and she will not have her little girl with her on this earth. It makes me cry. It makes me remember. I want to make it better. I want to bring Poppy back, Reese back, Porter, Halley, Daniel, Christopher, Timothy and so many others who had too short of life. Yet I trust that our God has a plan. It's bigger than I'll ever know and it's perfect. So today I will be thankful. Thankful for my kids in heaven and thankful for the ones on earth.
I love that y'all will have a little birthday party for Marley!! I can't wait to see Shep and Owie with their sister. Your blog is so real, and so you. I love that.
ReplyDeleteLove the Hungry Hippos story, too! How cool!
Okay, I think you'll love the quilt. I'm not too nervous anymore. If anything, you'll love it because you love me! :) I can't wait for her to get here. Now, when do you plan to bring her to Little Rock for a visit? I will come see you all if you do!
ReplyDeleteYou are a treasure for remembering others! And yes, enjoy this sweet time with Marley, it is encouraging for me to hear you gush about all you are feeling - and gives me HOPE! Blessings to you, praying for you guys, and can't wait to see Marley in her health and splendor!
ReplyDelete