Friday, May 22, 2009

Cul de Sac fun






We love our neighborhood. We were the first house on our street 3 years ago and about 6 months ago the last house was completed. There are 13 houses and I love that our court is that small. It's made it very easy to get to know everyone. There's only 5 kids (2 of which are mine)but we are often all seen out in the evenings letting the kids roam and play. There are 8 dogs...and they're wilder than the children.

Last Friday we had a big get together. We rolled out 3 grills and had all the yummies to go with them. It was so easy since we all live close. I'm thankful that God's placed us in this town and on this street. It's perfect for us.

When Nate gets off work tonight we're headed to Grapevine. We'll stay in a hotel with his parents and sister, Joy. I'll drive to Midwest City with my mom for my cousins wedding on Saturday. Nate and the kids will stay and play in Grapevine. Then Sunday and Monday we'll shop, eat, visit my family, and swim at the hotel pool. Much fun is expected. I love staying in a hotel because it takes all the pressure off me to clean and cook. I'm really looking forward to it. On Tuesday Nate and I will celebrate 8 years of marriage. Hopefully we can snag a hot date this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I want to live in your neighborhood! It always sounds like so much fun!!

    Y'all have fun in Grapevine. Happy anniversary early!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good weekend and happy anniversary!! Love you! How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great time! happy anniversary--

    ReplyDelete