Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

17 Years ago I sent this hottie a valentine.  It read "to Nathan (SN) Livers from your Secret Admirer".  The SN was a code name that I put in there in case later I wanted/needed to prove that I was the one who sent him the valentine.  We (several girlfriends and I) called Nate "Silent Night" when we were talking in code.  I guess that was a dumb high school thing, but at the time I didn't think it was that dumb.  I'm not really sure we ever really talked in code, but I digress.  

Even 17 years ago I saw something special in this crazy guy.  I could tell his quiet demeanor, his loyalty and consistency would be a good compliment to my loud roller coaster life.  And today he compliments me better than I could ever imagine.  And yet as we've grown together our similarities have also increased.  Nate was once the quieter shyer one and me, well, not so much.  But now when we walk into a room he's conversing with everyone, mixing and mingling and I'm quicker to shy away from those I don't know as well.  With our kids...he's loud and crazy and I'm...hummmm...I'm tired.  God created us perfectly for each other and for that I'm so grateful.  I'm thankful that my love didn't have to remain a secret and I'm really looking forward to another 17++ of valentine days together.  

(These pictures aren't from 17 years ago.)







No comments:

Post a Comment