Monday, April 26, 2010

Oh the drama

Buying and selling houses is not for the faint of heart. Man, the ups and downs that we've been through the last month have been more than enough drama for me. I'm not really ready to move, but I'm sure ready for all of this to be over with. It'll all work out and be but a faint memory...but the process sure is stressful.

I've felt a bit like a downer lately. I've done good about looking on the positive side of things, but yet feel like I don't have anything fun to talk about. I'm tired of talking about moving and who wants to hear about that anyway?!?

Positive stuff in bullet points:
  • Owen basically potty trained himself. Yup...I resisted but then gave in. He does so great all the time.
  • Shepherd now wears undiewears (how Owen says it) 100% of the time. He's pooped on the potty numberous times and stays dry at night. Is this possible???? Lots of tear and sweat to get that boy trained, but looks like we're almost there. Owen goes poop on the potty here and there.
  • If you drive by our house you might see two boys with their pants around their ankles having a "sword fight" (new term for this momma of boys). My neighbors laugh. I say don't tell the new owner.
  • Marley is almost to sit without assistance. She rolls to where she wants to go, but isn't crawling yet.
  • Everywhere we go people stop us and talk about how cute Marley is. It's true...I'm just surprised how many other people notice. She gives grins to anyone and is generally very happy.
  • I'm working on sleep training the princess. I should have done it earlier but kept putting it off with the excuse of "it's hard to be consistent when you have 3 kids...are moving...travelling...fill in the blank".
  • I'm picking paint colors for the new house and it is so much fun!! I'm so glad we're buying old and making it ours.
  • I LOVE my husband. He's calm, thoughtful, smart, a hard worker...I could go on and on.

3 comments:

  1. ohhh that sword fight comment CRACKED me up!! joys of boys :) man, we've had a tough time with jack and potty training. he's been "basically" potty trained for a year now, but still gave us a hard time about pooping in the potty. he'd poop a little in his undies, then tell us he needed to go. drove me CRAZZZZZZYYYYY. i'm praying jae will be MUCH easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to have something interesting to talk about too! Right now, I just want to crawl back into bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a FUN list of positives!

    ReplyDelete