Thursday, January 28, 2010

Longing for Heaven

(wow, she looks a lot like Marley)

Oh how my heart longs for heaven, somedays it's so strong I just want to cry. Yesterday was one of those days. January 27 marked 6 years since our baby girl Halley was born. I absolutely cannont believe it's been six years. I still picture her as a baby, not a 6 year old. I'm not sure what age she's is in heaven, but I do know that that's not what's important. So often I'm bogged down with life. I spank, I change diapers, I clean, I cook, I cry, I pick up, I get frusterated, I yell, I feel guilty and I do it over and over again. Somedays I just stop and think of heaven. My babies...waiting for me. My KING waiting and preparing a place for me. What beauty.


Isaiah 61:3
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

I feel so blessed as I read those words---"a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning..." I feel like the Lord is already restoring me.

I'm excited to see what the next 6 years hold, but more importantly what heaven holds.



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting me glimpse into your life and your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you!!! I miss Halley too. I can't wait to see her again. I hope she's hanging out with my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't believe it has been six years. i still remember meeting sweet hailey...we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know yesterday was a special day. How you must miss your babies. I am glad you get to hold your earthly ones and dream of your heavenly ones. Love, M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you Marla. Jan 24th 2004 I lost my little girl, so I completely understand. I feel good most of the time, but there are times when I feel weak and want to break down, but just go numb for a minute. She definitely looks like Marley :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That scripture is what I believe God has given me as my life verse. My hair stood on end when I read that.

    Just want you to know how much I LOVE you. How much you bless and challenge me with the way you live. You are an AMAZING mother and believe me when I say it will get easier with the discipline. It ebbs and flows and it won't always be this exhausting. Run to your King. His arms are open wide waiting to catch you. Praying for you right now. *hug*

    "Jesus, the Spirit and the Bride say, 'Come!'"

    ReplyDelete