Nate and I went to a Focus on the Family Parenting Simulcast all day on Saturday. It was really good to refocus and learn about godly parenting as a couple. We are definitely in the thick of it. What a responisibility to raise these 3 precious children. We're honored and yet feel the weight of not wanting to screw them up. It's so constant. We were reminded that there's no quick fix, but a slow and steady life of prayer and living Christlike in front of our kids. The stakes are high, but we're armed and ready for the challenge. Thank you God for this opportunity.
Well, we're 3 weeks in and doing good. We still have meals coming. That has truly saved me from going crazy. I have the best friends and feel well taken care of. I'm grateful that most of my friends remember what it's like to have a newborn and therefore are very helpful. Sleep is better some nights than others. I can't tell yet if Marley is going to be an "easy" baby or "difficult". She does reveal my selfishness and my desires to do what I want to do--which isn't always to sooth a crying baby. Nonetheless, we love having a snuggle cuddle baby around here. We hold her every chance we get and don't regret it at all. We've learned that this stage passes too quickly and we don't want to pass up baby snuggles!!
I wanna be wrapped like a burrito and take a nap by the dryer, too!! She is such a doll!
ReplyDelete