Update on my talk: It went really well. I was so excited to share about all that God was doing that I think it helped keep my nervousness at bay. I did wear a mic and also had to remember to flip the pictures on my slideshow...multi-tasking while speaking made me want to poop in my pants. I think there were close to uh, 75-100 people there? I'm bad with numbers but started counting up rows and chairs in my head...and there were a lot of ladies there. I'm glad it's over. Thank you for your prayers. I felt so covered in prayer that day. I love thinking about how many people are praying for our baby girl. I know God hears our petitions! You guys all play a part in my story, whether you know it or not.
We've been busy. We found 2 kittens in our shed. The mean momma cat makes her appearance every now and then, but when she's gone we take the kittens and play with them. They're so cute (this is coming from a non-cat lover)! I think we'll enjoy them for now, but not totally take them in. It's been really cute to watch the boys with them. Shepherd said "momma I need to rock this kitty" and then with his head laying on the kitty "ahhhhhh....i love you kitty." They are melting my heart. This is how people get suckered into getting pets!
Stay tuned: In the next few days I think I'll announce baby girl's name and post some belly pictures (yikes)!!
Today I'm thankful for:
~air conditioning
~my awesome neighbors
~Our neighbor who lets us swim at his hotel pool ALL the time
~a church that we love and freedom to worship
~2 cars that are paid for
~a husband who works hard...at work and at home
~boys who love to laugh and give hugs
~a feeling of contentment
Thank you, Lord!
Good stuff, mbl. I'm so tired. I was hoping for a nap but it ain't happenin'. Hug yourself for me.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the love the boys give their baby sister! Love you and see you in a few days.
ReplyDeleteMarla, you did great on Thursday! I love that picture of you and Owen. He's your mini me!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the talk went well. I have no problem singing in front of large crowds, but put me up there to talk and I get cotton mouth and start to cry! Every time!
ReplyDeleteI was just going to ask about Lil' Leslie's name!
Kittens? You are a brave woman! I couldn't even imagine kittens in our house. Well, that wouldn't happen for several reasons, but still...
What a blessing Shep is going to be when he has a new baby sister to love on. You'll LOVE his sweet heart with a baby to snuggle.=)