Monday, December 19, 2011


We had so much fun doing our little family photo shoot.  Aunt Laura has gotten quite good with the camera.  Everyone was pretty cooperative, only Marley didn't want to smile, which is very unusual for her.  When I look at these pictures I'm overwhelmed with a gratitude to God, these aren't just cute faces...these are answered prayers...a sign of God's goodness and provision.  His goodness to us isn't dependent on His provision of these 3 healthy kids...He was good before they came and would continue to be even if they never were.  But I'm sure thankful that He decided his best for us would be Shepherd, Owen and Marley Grace.  My heart swells.  

And...not only are they adorably cute...they're hilarious too.  There is no lacking of personality in our household.  Lots of laughter and tears around here.  Lots of chasing, pillow fights (Marley's latest favorite), cuddling (Owen said to me last night "let's just cuddle mommy"), kisses ("I make it better, I kiss it"--Marley), crafting, cooking, and telling stories (ask me about Georgie and Porgie sometime).  

Capturing just a glimpse of time, we're not perfect, but it's fun to have a few pictures that make us seem put together!  I'm in love and never want to forget this stage with 3 little ones.  

I'd be amiss if I didn't mention Nate and his strengths as a dad and husband.  He's had some really late nights  early mornings of working until 4am delivering babies.  I didn't hear him complain or notice any slacking off in the helping with the kids/house/cooking.  He just gets home and jumps in.  He has a lot on his shoulders with work, upcoming Oral Boards, being discipled by our pastor, leading our small group, managing his fantasy football stuff, watching his teams, etc. etc.  He just does it...with JOY.  I am blessed.  









Our little redhead, an unexpected blessing during an incredibly hard time.  This boy is sweet.




This little girl loves her daddy.  She's our first kid to request daddy over mommy most of the time.  And I don't mind one bit!!


And Owen Conley, he's our rough one!  He loves to run, throw, hit, kick and go go go!!!  He makes us laugh and even though his quiet when you first meet him, he'll probably be pretty quick to start showing off, especially if it makes you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment