Wednesday, August 10, 2011

July in a nutshell

Oh, blogger, why do you always do my pictures in reverse order? Here's July...in reverse!

Owen had a face injury with the concrete. He fell off his scooter, face first. Ouch! He's tough though.

Lots of popsicles and ice cream for these kids. It's been a hot summer. We're on our 40 straight day of temperatures over the 100s.

Shepherd has taken up Photography. He loves being behind the camera. It's so cute. He's been that way for a while and I'm letting it bloom. Here's a picture he took one day. I love seeing things from his perspective.

Owen had his well check and got 4 shots. He was so brave, but still cried. He weighs 43 pounds. Solid kid.


Marley got hand/foot/mouth disease, which is actually a virus. It was bad for a few days...and she had her first fall asleep on the couch in the middle of the day. Overall, it was a fairly mild case. The boys didn't get it, which is kind-of amazing.

We went to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History with our friends. I think that's where Marley got her sickness as I found a random piece of gum in her mouth. Yuck!!!


Owen Conley turned 4!!! How is that even possible. What a sweetie he is! I definitely have a post coming about my new 4 year old and how special he is.

We scored a Groupon for over half off at a swim school, so that's where we had his party. It was so much fun, and fairly easy on me. Except making the cupcakes...that my friends, was not easy! But I took great joy in seeing Owen's face and watching him show them off to his friends.

Shark cupcakes, life rafts and fish!


We had company come visit!! Nate's brother, his wife and their 2 girls came to visit from Arkansas. We had fun watching the kids play, going to Ikea, eating, and catching up. Here's Shepherd and Bella.

I had some major CURB scoring this month including this trunk. I've been working on her and will post after pictures when I'm done.

FREE Chick-fil-A...oh yes we did!!! And yes, we ran into one of Nate's patients. That was real cool!! Who doesn't love a doctor that is thrifty and humble enough to dress like a cow??

Shepherd's not in the picture because he was embarassed to dress up. really? at age 5?? Is he really my son? I told him it would make his meal free... and he asked "what's free mean?" Oh yeah, I forgot ALL of his meals are free to him!

4 of July Party and Fireworks...we had a bunch of people over for pizza and then headed to Lake Grapevine to watch the show! It was awesome and so much fun. Fireworks have not phased Marley at all.

Me and my new friend Julie



Lots of crashing after long days!!


And last but not least we started July out by celebrating my most favorite person. Nate's birthday is July 1st!! So glad that miracle baby Nate came into this world 32 years ago. I'm so proud to be his wife and friend. July also marks Nate's 1 year anniversary for being a practicing OB/GYN. I'm so proud of his hard work, determination, friendliness, intentionality, and care for his family and patients. This has been a changing year for Nate and he's taken it head on and made it one of our best yet.

1 comment:

  1. Marla, those cupcakes are awesome. I love them! Looks like you guys have been busy. I always think of your crafty costumes on free chick-fil-a day! Good to see new pics of the kids! I still miss you :)

    ReplyDelete