Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Kids Rooms

Owen's Room...long and skinny

His room was completely blue...including the ceiling. We didn't want to repaint the ceiling so we added the high chair rail (is that what you call that?) and painted the khaki below. I like how it turned out.



He has 2 ceiling fans...weird. And he has access to the balcony. Need to get a high lock for that! Navy chair in corner will eventually be hanging.


Shepherd's room: we've done absolutely nothing to it. Random things hanging in random spots on the wall. He has nails everywhere (from previous owners). Don't you love the black trim (hear sarcasm). He has dark wood floors which are some of my favorite. This house sports about 4 different shades of wood laminate. real nice. not a stitch of carpet.


Oh, and the faux leather curtain...that was there when we moved in!!


Marley's room

Such a big miracle in such a little girl. couldn't be more true.




We also put the high chair rail in her room. that was to cover up all the holes from the train track that used to be hanging there. I love how her room turned out...and I don't think I spent a dime on decor. Thanks to hb for the bedding, sb, morrison and candace for the pom poms, carla for the letters and bow holder and joy for the fabric.


Perfect for a princess...

3 comments:

  1. Love the kids rooms (even with all their black trim and leather curtains, lol). Marley's bumpers are so cute! And, who doesn't want balcony access? Hopefully that won't become a teenager-escape issue. Ha! I think when the trim is up high it's called a "picture rail" because people would hang pictures from that instead of putting holes in plater walls; but I'm not positive that I'm not making part of that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leather curtain has to be a great "black out shade"!!! LOVE Miss Marley's room. Those pom poms make it pop:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pom poms! I made flower balls like that for Ryen's room.... one of them has come down thanks to grabbing handed older siblings...:)
    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete