So..6 months ago I was saying that I couldn't wait for September and October because that would hopefully mean that we were in our new routine and starting to feel settled in this new home of ours. Well, we're in a pretty good routine. The kids have made major improvements in their behaviors and sleeping habits. I attribute this to "settling in". I've come a long way since my summer sadness. I still don't completely feel settled, but more than I did even a month ago. I'm still missing friends and haven't quite found any new ones. Isn't that always the hardest thing about moving?!? In this season though, I have found a closeness with my Father and with Nate and the kids. We spend all our time together instead of being bogged down with activities and social events. I'm looking forward to finding some friends, but want to keep life simple. (is that even possible with 3 little ones?)
I'm planning a 1st year birthday party for a very special girl. Is that possible??? Where has time gone? Someone sent me a text after watching Marley for an hour and she hit the nail on the head...she said "that Marley really is something special". I couldn't agree more. Marley is bubbly, friendly, funny, cute and contagious. I'm loving every minute of her little life. I can't believe I'm on this side of my life. Thank you Lord!!
I miss you Marla...great post and I'm glad things are looking up! It is truly amazing the plans our Father has for us and if we obey Him, life is so rich! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI think of you often...especially the comment that you made in May about being ready for October. At the time it seemed like forever away, but here we are! I am completely in your shoes when it comes to making friends; I want to, but it still hasn't happened yet. I spend all of my time with my girl and my special guy, which if you think about it....it's not so bad!!! Big hugs! Carla Brown
ReplyDelete