Sorry for my lack of updates. My kids have gone on a napping strike, especially napping all at the same time. I feel like I can barely catch my breath all day. It's go go go for this momma. If I'm not watching then someone might move a chair and find where I've hidden all the sharpies and grab them along with the scissors. Or grab my make up and "play" with it. Or chew up all my gum. Or mess with the laptop. The list goes on. I'm busy. Why do my kids not like playing with toys?!? So "while they're sleeping" never really happens until late at night. Owen...he's our night owl. He takes a nap most days and definitely needs that nap! But then he doesn't want to go to sleep at night.
Anyway this wasn't meant to be an update on our lack of sleep and parenting frustration.
Shepherd starts school on Wednesday and he is so excited!! He asks everyday if he can go yet. I'm so happy for him. I'm praying that this is a growing up year for him. I'm ready to see some positive changes in him in the area of obedience. Gods going to use him in great ways, but first we need to harness his energy and strong will.
More to come.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
So sorry. I feel your pain!!!! Is Shep going to pre-k? Is it half a day?
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your napping woes. Unfortunately, there comes a time...earlier and earlier for each subsequent child...that even though they nap well, they jeopardize their nightly sleep to have it. You have to decide what matters most to you...the nap or the night time ritual. For me, I mourned the nap but I HAD TO HAVE an early bedtime for my sanity because I am not a night person. SO...I implemented the rest period vs the nap time and then looked forward GREATLY to the fact that they'd be OUT at 7pm. This left two or three hours for Keith and me to connect. I loved that...and miss it now that we have teen/preteens who don't go to bed early. My boys mostly stopped napping around 3. But my 3 1/2 year old still naps and still goes to bed well so I am not stopping it. He gets up REALLY early (like 6am ish) so he is tired by noon and I try tp put him to bed no later than 1pm so he can nap and still not mess with bedtime. Some days he naps 2 hours...other just 1 hour. Anyway, not that you asked...but just readying you for the reality of no naps...for your boys...not Marley girl yet! Hang in there...I remember WELL the pain! Love you!M
ReplyDelete