Oh how I long to sit down with each of you and let you in on our little life. There is so much going on and we are having so much fun. It's hard to capture the moments as they pass so quickly.
We are loving our new house and the space to spread out a little bit. We have a mile long to do list...but we can now cross off---paint the living room, dining room, kitchen, master, master bath, upstairs and downstairs hallways, entry, Owen's room and Marley's room!!! check!! wow. I can't believe it got done, but somehow (with the help of 4 AR Livers, 1 Taylor, and 5 Hemingways) it did. Thank God for a hardworking family. Nate and his dad pulled 16 hour work days. It was incredible. Now for the decorating and hanging of pictures. It's going to feel like home pretty soon.
We've been having plumbing problems. Like major, can't use the potty or it overflows, problems. The sent a camera down our pipes and determined we have roots growing in our pipes. Lovely. Tomorrow they will rip up our front yard and replace them. I'll be glad to have working plumbing again!
Our sweet kids...they are growing so fast. Shepherd loves to sing and get into things he shouldn't. He's constantly wanting to help. He also loves movies and video games on the iPhone. I'm not sure if this is an age thing or if he likes them extra more. Owen is a momma's boy. He's stepped up the fussy winey voice. Must be because he's almost 3!! Owen can be so sweet and sensitive, especially to Marley, but he's also big and can easily unintentionally hurt you if he's not careful. And sweet little Marley...she's getting so big even though I pretend she's not. She love to pull herself up to standing although she's not sure how to sit back down and it usually ends with a plop and some tears. She is my social butterfly. She wants to be where everyone else is and will crawl around til she finds us. She still has no teeth. She can say "buh buh" for bye bye, "dah dah" and what sounds like "hi" in her best country voice. Not sure what that's about.
Nate's been busy not only setting up our house, but also setting up his new office. It's only an 8x10 room, but we've been framing his diplomas and getting everything ready for July 19th...his big start day!!!! Can't believe it. For anyone in the N. Dallas area...message me if you're needing a great OB/GYN. I can hook you up!! Seriously my mom has passed out more of Nate's business cards then Nate and I combined! She's his marketing agent. :)
I've been busy setting up house and thinking about what I want the rest of our year to look like. I'm excited to get into our new routines and see how God leads our family this year. New friends, new church, new neighbors, new work, new school...it's a little overwhelming but also exciting. It's going to be a great year.
That sounds wonderful and exhausting. Roots in the plumbing....makes you wonder if the sellers knew that they were having issues. Oh well..the joys of house buying! Your attitude sounds right and your heart full! So glad!
ReplyDeleteWhat color did you paint all the rooms? Can't wait to see it... we will be there in October! Will let you know exact days soon.
ReplyDelete