Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Pressures


wanted to sleep with a birthday toy.

no more sippy cups---I'm 4!!!


Do you feel the pressure? As a mom? As a wife? As a friend?






I've been trying to focus more on family and just being the mom that loves and has time to give to her children. Yet the pressure seeps in. Not sure where the pressure's coming from exactly, but I know Satan is involved. If I could stop and see my life as Christ sees it. Oh the beauty He sees and the love He gives. Yet I get busy. I try to clean more. I want to be the cute, fashionable, skinny, homecookin', organized, exercised, Bible reading, community involved, fill in the blank...mom! (and I have a whole other list of my pressures as a wife.) Not sure where I'm going with this, but I know that so many of you feel the same.

I feel God calling me to focus more on him and less on pleasing others (must learn this every. single. day.). More on the simple, less on the busy. More on the kids, less on the laundry (and yet it must get done).
Must go to bed. Enjoy the pictures.

7 comments:

  1. understand the post completely, it just sneaks up on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly not alone. I am reminded of a scripture in 2 Cor. 10:12. Check it out. God will continue to give you the grace you need to be the woman HE created you to be. I pray your day is filled with special memories and peace. Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. I. am. so. with. you. And I agree...it is the world..satan...convincing us of its lies. Trying to lay hold of truth today with you. Love you friend. M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you put into words what I have been grappling with for a while now... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just dropped by to say that you motived amanda to start running and she motivated me and this morning i got up and did it!

    and i hear ya on today's post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Okay, gotta tell you: Ladybug just pointed to your blog on the screen and said, "look, issa cuute!" you've gained compliments of a 19 month old. quite an accomplishment.) :)

    I love your posts right now; they make my heart ache, because they totally remind me of the adjustment period after Ladybug arrived. It is such a crazy-busy time to have two crawling-the-walls toddlers and a baby to boot. I fought tooth and nail to ENJOY her infancy, but I also welcomed every new development that meant we were closer to a milder routine. It's certainly not that everything got easier, but certain things got easier that helped me handle everything. Anyway, my heart's on the same page with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome word, girl. Perfectionism has got to go!!! God has been showing me that I'm waaaay too picky on myself and He just requires us to walk with Him and love others. You're an awesome mommy, Marla!

    ReplyDelete